Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Little Angel growth


Here’s a quick update on sweet little Angel. It’s been yet another month since the last update (where does the time go) and in this time, she’s progressed a lot more. She’s no longer a ‘baby’ in that her baby auto reflects are no longer there. We had to take her to the A&E over the weekend as she had bonked her head against the coffee table, and then 10 minutes later, her nose started bleeding. Can anyone say, “Mummy panic”??!! Again!!?? Anyway, alls well, nothing to worry at all, and I guess Daddy took her to A&E more so to appease me than anything. That’s when the doctor said that she’s a ‘toddler’ now. And I do notice a big difference. Her head’s no longer ‘soft’, but is a strong firm head. She’s voicing her opinion now very strongly, knowing what she wants and what to do to get it. However, she’s no pushover. She is very strong / determined and proud. Very proud. Unlike Bibou, who’s whiney and will whine / cry to get what she wants, Angel I think is too proud to cry for too long. I’ve recently started to do the ‘cry it out’ at night now, (so that I can get some decent sleep) since she’s no longer (1) jet lagged, (2) teething, (3) has the chicken pox, or (4) sick with the flu (looking back, the poor thing has been through a lot in the past 3 months hasn’t she!!). We were never able to do CIO with Bibou as she would just cry and cry and cry until we gave in. A – the first night, the first time – just 30 minutes (5 minutes, 10 minutes and 14 minutes), the second time, 5 minutes and then after nothing. Once she realizes that I won’t be going to her, she won’t cry for me. Now, most nights, she’d complain just a little, just to see if I’d give in, and if I won’t, she’d go to sleep on her own. She does rely on her pillow (a small bolster which is the one that is with her in the basket) to help her. She does this funny thing with it; she'd grab it and rub it all over her face and has to keep it ON her face (though she'd be facing sideways so she wouldn't suffocate) to fall alseep! (I did give in last night as she was coughing up her lungs – teething and we had to give her some medication). Touch wood, I really hope this will continue.

She’s now going through some ‘separation anxiety’ issues. She will only go into the arms of people she knows and will cry if someone else carries her. We never had this with Bibou, and I think it’s ‘coz Bibou went to the crèche and was used to many different people since young. I hope this will not continue!

True to her Chinese horoscope – she’s a little ‘piglet’! She just gobbles up everything you put in front of her. She’s a very good eater! And with her 7 little teeth, she’s migrated from very smooth purees to eating small mor
sels. Physically, Angel has been learning to ‘stand’. She is able to stand against furniture like a coffee table for a couple of minutes and the other day at Acrochat, she stood on her own for a good 5 seconds! She’s still haven’t learn to crawl (though she often flips herself onto her tummy a lot now)… she’s able to somehow move backwards though! She’s starting to wave byebye and I think learning to clap hands. Wahoo! Oh and finally, she’s also able to reach out her hands to me to be carried. Awww. That’s a heart melter! Now who on earth can deny your baby asking to be carried??

1 comment:

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

Hey I did the same thing with my pillow (te-te-te) for ages and in fact I still have it with me though I do not need it all the time like before. Almost never washed it, it helps to block out the light, has a nice touch and of course comforting smell. It's an antique, man. More than 30 years old!