Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas is round the corner

Well Christmas WAS round the corner. I was going to put up a post, but first blogger was down, and then I got really busy. So this post is now more a pre-Christmas one, with all the festive leading up to Christmas. In the weeks prior to Christmas, we had loads of fun as the excitement built up. Bibou has been all excited about Aunty Michelle and Uncle Luke’s impending arrival. She kept telling us that they’d be here soon, and at the same time, asking us when they’d arrive! To keep her (and Angel) occupied, we did loads of activities… we had an advent calendar going, and even Angel knew to ask for her ‘chocolate’ every day! We sang loads of Christmas carols, Bibou got really good at some of them, especially jingle bells. She sometimes just burst into a song whenever she feels like it.
About 2 weeks prior to Christmas, I went and picked up a real Christmas tree! We’ve not had a real tree since we’ve been here, always been the tiny artificial tree, as we were afraid that the kids would pull it down. And boy were we glad we bought the real one th
is year. It was a more than 6 feet tall and smelled really really nice! Very Christmasy! Bibou was just all excited about the tree and couldn’t wait to help dress it up. I popped some pop corn and she helped me string them into a garland (while Angel tired to eat them all! – We had to give her a bowl of her own popcorn to eat so she wouldn’t eat off the garland LOL). We kinda chose a red and gold theme this year. Bibou did a great job in dressing the tree and the tree looked really nice. But what I was most surprised was…. That the presents all stayed under the tree, untouched and unopened by the kids. Such restrain! Really the kids have been really good. They were all very ready for Santa.
Running up to Christmas, I had a little ‘rehearsal’ with my buche
de Noel. I made one for my department’s Christmas party. I was trying to determine what kind of buche to make for Christmas, and so experimented on it. I even had a little poll going on facebook! And consensus was to go with a cafĂ© buttercream filling and frosting. So that’s what I made! It was delish! Though really quite rich. And it took a really long time to make (the buttercream that is). And Daddy didn’t like it. Bon. That solves the question as to make to make for Christmas!























































Videos





















Recently, Bibou has taken to making up songs! She just makes up the lyrics (so there is a lot of 'and thens'), and melody.

No comments: