Monday, June 18, 2007

Seraphine is 4 weeks old today

How fast the time flies. It has been 4 weeks since Seraphine was born! As she sleeps peacefully on the sofa right now, it is (almost :)) difficult to remember the time we'd spent in the operating theatre, the anxiety, the waiting etc. It was all worth it! As I think back on the first time I laid eyes on her, and though I was a little bit 'in and out' due to the anaesthetic, I remember disctintly two things, the first was that my very first thought was "wow - she looks exactly like Bibou". And secondly, I remembered that she was screaming her lungs out (which is good of course) while they had quickly taken her away to remove the stuff from her mouth and lungs, but as soon as she was brought to me and I could cuddle her (as much as I could as my arms were all 'tied down), she stopped crying as soon as I called to her. That was soooo touching.























Anyway, today, she had her first month check up. She's fit as a fiddle; her doctor is very pleased with her progress. She's put on 800 grams, and is 4.2 kgs now.. and taller too! She's 54 cm now. Everyone always comments on her lovely soft hair. We've also noticed that her eyes aren't black or brown yet. They are a lovely light grey (though Daddy thinks that it may be a bit bluish too). She's still eating quite a lot, in fact, more now! I'm still breastfeeding her exclusively though I do pump my milk and we give her a supplement bottle of my breast milk . I'm still going to hold out! Though it has been hard work, I'm determined to keep breastfeeding her as long as I can!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey karena,
my mum says seraphine looks exactly like you!

-jiaxin

Richard said...

time to change the title of your blog :)

BibouMummy said...

Hi Richard,

Indeed! Thanks a lot! I've now changed the titles.
k