Saturday, December 01, 2007

Visit from Aunty Michelle

Sigh. It’s been way too long since I’ve managed to update the blog. It’s been crazy here both at work and at home. I’m also fighting with fatigue these days, trying to juggle the two, and finding a good balance between them. Something’s gotta give, and most of the time, it’s sleep…. Yes and the blog unfortunately! Boo hoo. (it’s funny though, how people often know that I’m really really busy at work when they don’t see an update on the blog. I really don’t update the blog during office hours you know…not always!)

Anyway, despite the long AND hard hours, work has been really interesting. I’m learning new things and my mind is being occupied (beats sitting at my desk staring and wondering what to do sometimes! Or just reading papers lol). The time passes quickly… way too quickly. I’m learning to be as organized as possible, but sometimes it’s not easy. What is really the hardest, is missing home and the girls. And missing out on them growing up. By the time I rush home, and really rush through the evening routine, (b/feed Seraphine while pumping at the same time, get Bibou’s dinner ready and ensure she’s eating everything (and not just the meat), get the two girls ready for their baths, bath time and then bed time), and of course, in between coaxing / telling / screaming at Bibou to do what she’s told, etc, there’s never time to really relax and really spend quality time with the girls. Daddy helps a lot with the routine of course. I’ll never make it without him. He deals a lot with Bibou, while I manage Seraphine. And the weekends now are just so shot! There is always something or other happening the past few weekends! Like for example, we had Aunty Michelle and Uncle Luc visiting us! Yippee what a treat. It was really good seeing them. They arrived on a Thursday evening and spent a long weekend with us. We were totally spoilt, as they’d bought lots of lovely yummy stuff for us, like cookies and sweets. Yum yum. We were so lucky. And the girls, oh Bibou was totally spoilt, as she received lots of wonderful books! Especially one that had a special attachment, it had a built-in ‘toy CD player’ with 4 special CDs (they were all plastic) that plays music while you read. Bibou absolutely LOVES this. Especially now that she’s gotten then hang of inserting the CD and playing. And.. and… this totally cracked us up, especially the first time Daddy and I witnessed this – Bibou starts dancing to the music. She makes up all these cute moves, has this rather intensive “look at me, I’m really pretty” look on her face, and does this ‘cluck cluck’ noise with her tongue. Oh yes, she’s her Daddy’s daughter. A real ham!! Hahahaha. I managed to snap a video of her dancing though it’s not the best one of her dancing.


Anyway, back to M’s visit. We had a really great time as we always do when they visit. I got to cook all our favorite meals, started with Beef Rendang and a sambal zuchinni stir-fry with tung hoon on Thursday. Over the next 3 days, I cooked Beef Hor Fun, chicken rice, jia jaing mein and topped it off with recellet. It was so much fun. We stayed up late (and paid for it dearly the next day – heck, the following week for me as I never recuperated from the lack of sleep) chatting and playing chor dai dee (and the three of them got progressively drunk!) Yes, it was lovely catching up with M & L! Oh and they have asked Bibou to be their flower girl at their wedding next year. Yippee!! I think she’d be really pleased… now I just have to go find a really lovely beautiful dress.




HEres the video of her dancing to her favorite CD player. Not one of her 'bestest' dance though.










Here's another one of her dancing to Angel.



No comments: