Saturday, December 01, 2007

Another year!

Oh my. Has it been another year already? It was time for Bibou’s school picture again! I have to say that I was stunned when I saw this picture of her. She looks all grown up, like a big little girl, and then I realized, she IS a big little girl now. I’ve just been so used to the other school pictures (click here to see the past 2 years). The year has passed by so quickly; and it has been a great difference. She’s certainly a very ‘girly’ girl. She LOVES pretty dresses and all things pink or princess-y. She wants to wear these foufou dresses (the dresses with petticoats and ribbons and laces) all the time or dress up like a princess. Of course most of these dresses are so not suitable for school so we have to ‘bargain’ or make believe that her normal doing to school dresses are pretty like a princess. Actually most, if not all of her dresses are really pretty, just not ‘fou fou’ily! Apparently, every day, when she greets people she knows, like Giselle her Nanny, and everyone in school, she’d prim herself and her dress, cock her head to one side and tells everyone she has a ‘jolie ‘ (pretty) dress, soliciting for praises from everyone! Sigh.







She’s starting to communicate a lot better these days… speaking in sentences. She’s much more comfortable in French though she will make an effort in English with us. When she can’t find the words in English or is too tired to think, she’d automatically say the words she knows in French. She’s quite opinionated now and has no qualms letting you know how she feels. The other day, while she was drawing with her crayons, Daddy told her to move her book off the sofa and onto the table; without even looking up at him, she’d continued drawing and said “laisse moi tranquille” ie leave me alone! Ai! I think Daddy was too stunned to say anything, and probably biting his cheeks from laughing out loud too! She can say the sweetest things some times. I was rushing through the front door from work one day, struggling with all my bags (I have my handbag, my laptop, a ‘cooler’ with ice pack that holds my pumped milk for the day and a bag carrying the electric pump and bottles and Tupperware containing my already eaten lunch) when I heard a sweet voice ringing out from the dining room “hi Mummy! Did you have a good day?”. Didn’t matter if I had a crappy day or not, I certainly was feeling FINE then! Oh and I just remembered, I was washing up in the kitchen after making Bibou a ‘real’ (none of those fish fingers / nugget / hot dog quick meals that sometimes we resort to) meal of dark soya sauce chicken which she loves when Daddy said “come quick”. So I rushed in, and Daddy said to her “repeat what you just said Bibou” : Thank you Mummy for making me lunch. Oh man, did I melt there. She’d said it without any prompting or anything! It’s the rare times like these that makes parenting all worth while eh?







She’s still a very affectionate child. Loves her sister to bits, she just adores her; always wanting to hold her, cuddle her and hug her. If there’s one thing that would calm her down, that’s her baby sister! She gets upset if she’s doesn’t get to say good night to Seraphine. Look at all these pictures of both of them together. They are just soooo good together. Oh I love these pictures that was taken when all the 4 kids were here and Giselle. Fabulous!

No comments: