Monday, November 03, 2008

Boo for Halloween!





October 31 came sneaked up on us / me! Probably 'coz of my super long month. I'd really didn't have a lot of time to prepare for it! I'd wanted to dress up the kids and put on make-up too! But I didn't get round to it. Fortunately, (I guess!) Bibou only wanted to go as a princess (no surprise there!), and I managed to grab some cute off-the-rack 'ghost' outfit for Angel. However, when we tried to put it on, we realized that the darn thing didn't have any 'feet' - it was all sealed in at the bottom - I guess it was more for a baby who couldn't walk. No worries, I just grab a pair of scissors and cut the bottoms off for a little hole for Angel's legs hehehehe.

Anyway, that morning, Daddy mangaged to quickly crave a little scary pumpkin before leaving for work. I left early that morning but left the office relatively early so that I could go do some groccery shopping and then rushed home, first to see the kids and then to cook! As we were having company that evening. Yes, all the way from Canada! Ed and Irene and Andrew, really good friends of Babie and Ed were passing through town and were giving us the honor of visiting us! So I couldn't wait to come home. I was however, surprised when I got home... both the girls were sleeping - Angel I wasn't surprised of course... it was nap time, but I was surprised that Bibou was! According to their nanny, Bibou just said that she was tired and curled up on the sofa and promptly went to sleep. The nanny knew that they were going to have a long night, so she encouraged her to sleep. Gave me some time to prepare dinner! Which ended up to be beef curry puffs for starters, laksa as the main dish and banana bread as dessert!

The evening all went by terribly quickly. As I was preparing dinner, Ed & Irene and Andrew arrived. Ed was great, he helped me in the kitchen while Andrew and Irene played with the girls, and then Daddy arrived. I then realized what time it was (close to 7.00 pm), and as we scrambled to get the kids dressed, the door bell rang! Tons of little witches and ghouls were at the gate! Ai! We really scrambled then. Daddy rushing to get the candies to the kids out there, while we tried to get the kids dressed. Unfortunately, Bibou had taken a peek out of the windows and got frightened! Like the previous years! She was scared and whiny and didn't want to get dressed. We had to do everything to persuade her and get everyone dressed and out of the door! (and to promise her lots of bonbon). Off they went, Daddy and the kids and Andrew. I stayed behind to get dinner ready! Apparently, once Bibou was out on the streets, (and saw the bonbons), she was fine... in fine form to run and ask for 'les bonbons'!. Andrew was a great chaperon too. I love the photo of Angel looking up at him. Very cute. Apparently, Angel wasn't scared at all, and had a hooting fun time. And she was well showered with all the ooos and aahhhs and isn't she cute compliments. They all wanted to give her candy, but she wasn't terribly interested. Andrew had to take them for her. They were all asking where her little bag is! (I'd totally forgotten about a bag for her. She would have loved the bag as she's always carrying my bags or Bibou's bags). As always though, there weren't many people around (away for the week long vacation!). And some of them apparently didn't even have candies for the kids! How sad! But great for us parents as it's less candies for the kids (and for the parents too, as we've been 'stealing' them in the misguided thought that it's better for the kdis hahahaha)
So when everyone came home, curry puffs were ready. And everyone chomped down on them, including the kids. The kids actually loved the curry puffs. I was so delighted. Both of them were clamering for more. Andrew helped to feed the kids their dinner while the rest of our dinner was being prepared. Ed and Irene are played with them and showed them a great time! So much so that it was a tad bit difficult to get them to go to bed! But finally they did and we managed to settled down for a nice hot bowl of laksa, followed by banana bread. Thanks Ed, Irene and Andrew for a wonderful visit! We sure hope to see you real soon!!!
































Here's a video I forgot to upload in my previous post.

No comments: