Friday, November 20, 2009

Summer 09, Personalized Aprons


Sometime over the summer, I received a parcel from the US! It was from a really sweet friend, an ex-colleague of mine actually. She's always thinking about the girls, and she chanced upon these aprons, and thought about the girls immediately. She knew that I loved to cook and that the girls sometimes help me out in the kitchen, so hey why not! Let's combine them together. She hoped that this will encourage the girls to be a good cook like mummy. Awww. Thank you Aunty Arlene!





As soon as I got back home, I took the gifts out and showed it to the girls. They were REALLY excited. Though I very seldom use the apron (for some reason, I have never gotten used to the idea of wearing an apron, despite always cooking... maybe I should as I always have very dirty clothes after cooking :)....) Bibou immediately said, APRON! I guess Daddy does wear an apron once in a while. I said yes.... and then " for me? for us??!!" YES... and then when I took out the aprons, I showed it to her without saying anything yet. Just to see if she would noticed it. She did! Immediately. She was like, There's my NAME! Look Mummy, there's my name! She's all excited about it.






To show Aunty Arlene the gifts, we pulled out the camera and the girls gamely posed for us. Then I decided to add some fun and ran into the kitchen to bring out some bowls, and mixer. Bibou immediately asked if we were doing some baking... in the garden Mummy???!!! LOL. Didn't matter that we weren't, that we were only pretending. The girls went at it wholeheartedly... whipping and beating. Seraphine even tasted the spoon :). Tasted really good too.










I do hope the girls will take on my hobby of cooking and baking. The girls, especially bibou love helping me in the kitchen. Often asking me if she could help. Seraphine has also started, though I suspect it is mostly because the greedy girl just wants to eat first.

No comments: