Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Little Princess

A very special present that Bibou received this year was from the Lepages - a wonderful chest of dress up! There were 4 different princess costumes in there and today, Bibou wanted to play dress up (oh, if you didn't know already, Bibou has the whole week off as the creche is closed this week and I took the week off to be with her. What an experience to say the least. I think she's so tickled to have Mummy all to herself for the whole day that she won't leave me alone! I've got to be with her 24/7, which isn't easy, especially when one needs the bathroom! But overall, it's been fun. We play with all her new toys that she's received this year, her favorite being her playdoh sets and the stickers / drawing set. We've also been learning a lot of new words as I go through flash cards with her. She of course doesn't go anywhere with her 'baby', who constantly has her bottle stuck in her mouth, poor thing! Unfortuantely, it's been really really cold, for me anyway, so we've not been able to go outside. This afternoon, I even tried asking Bibou if she wanted to go to the park... she took one look at the grey, very cold-looking outside and said no! smart girl :) but so we're stuck indoors )



Anyway, I digress. Yes, dress up. So we got out the costumes and put her in the dresses. Oh, one new word she learnt this week is... PRETTY! LOL, she knows when she's got something pretty on and she says "pretty" and wants to look at herself in the mirror. So once she got the dress on (unfortunately, it was too cold, even indoors, for just the costume, so we had to leave her underwear on), she went 'wow', pretty and wanted me to carry her so that she can look at herself in the mirror. She even let me take some photos for her, but not too many, 'coz she wanted me to play with her. She, however, remembered our little 'trick' on taking photos together, and she kept coming to me, climbing onto my lap and say photo! It's been fun!










Thank you sooo much Kirsty for the present.

No comments: