Friday, July 06, 2007

Spot the difference


Angel is almost 7 weeks now. We've survived the week 'alone' ie without kong kong, mahmah and aunty!! The departure was difficult to say the least, and we had to get telling Bibou as we didn't want her to be surprised by their departure. She's grown quite atatched to them, as they've been here for a month. She rushes home each day and calls out for Kong kong to play with her. Here's a picture of her singing "I love you" with Kongkong. She was asking for kong kong and mahmah for the first few days but has realized that they've gone home now.

The first couple of days was a bit tough, but we got a routine down now. Seraphine is eating like a champ. In fact, all she does these days is eat, eat, sleep, poop, eat and eat and eat. I've not had to pump or give her a b
ottle all week. She's grown to be a little bit of a piggy! Like a sumo wrestler now. Quite big. Unfortunately, I think she's got a bit of the reflux, as she keeps spitting up after each meal! Sometimes, it can be quite a bit! So we try and get her vertical for about 15 minutes after each feed. Not easy during the night feeds that's for sure! I still get about maxiumum 2 hours of sleep between feeds. I catnap a lot! Anytime, anyplace! Apparently, I'm so tired, I snore really loudly! The worst place I've found myself napping was while breastfeeding angel (and realized that I'd drooled all over a (napping herself) angel!). We call her 'big eyes', as she's got these huge, very expressive eyes you've ever seen. She's starting to be able to 'see' with her eyes now, and following things that are in front of her. She seems to be able to see us too. She seems to be also quite responsive especially when you talk to her. She loves people's company... unfortunately she loves it a bit too much. She wants to be always in someone's arms (or on my breasts), if she's awake.
















Angel's quite enjoying her evening bath. Daddy took this pix of her in her bath and a sense of deja vu hit! So I dug back into my 'archives' and what do you know... a similiar pix of Bibou in the sink having her bath too. Can you tell who's who? (Hint, the spikey hair is Angel's trademark now!).














The other day was Bibou's creche 'farewell' party. For some reason, she wasn't up to participating during the sing-along (you may remember she was quite involved in the sing-along the previous year, being the only child who could do all the gestures). But she did well with the other workshops : She planted a flower and proudly presented it to me! And she managed to 'fish' a number of fishes.
















No comments: