Monday, June 16, 2008

Giggles!


This past weekend has been chockablock full with events! It started with a lovely dinner invited (adults only! wahoo!) at cousin Isabelle's place. Daddy was really excited as Isabelle's brother, Thierry, another cousin of his (DUH, obviously Karena!), was also gonna be there. And it was the first time that they would be meeting each other. And the evening turned out to be as good, or even better, dare we say, than ever. They are just lovely lovely people. But the biggest thing that stood out were how alike the two cousins looked! right down to the hair / glasses / noses / ears etc. I managed to take some pix on my super duper phone that has camera features. Here they are. what do you think??! Alexandre, Isabelle's oldest son made a delicious dinner of roasted rack of lamb (with lots of garlic) and some yummy, creamy gratin of potatoes. Yummy!

The next day, Bibou had a birthday invite from a MESSAGE member's daughter, in Paris. Daddy took Bibou and I had little Angel. After she woke up from her nap, I thought I'd take her for a walk since it wasn't raining (yes, it has come to a point where the weather is sooooo yuucky that if it ain't raining, it was 'nice'). As I put Angel in her stroller, I gave her a kiss and a funny smile and she burst up in peals of giggles. it was so funny that I had to take a video of it. Fortunately, I had my super duper phone with me again and managed to get a video of it (unfortunately, it's not the right way! So you'll have to tilt your head a little, but you'll still be able to hear her infectious laugh). We had a really lovely walk around the Parc de Sceaux. She kept turning around to look at me and held out her hand to me. We held hands going down our road (with me walking backwards). It was really lovely. And though there were a few dark threatening clouds, it didn't rain at all and we had a fun time, with the sun peeking out occasionally. In fact, it peeked out when we were at the fountain and it even sprayed through a rainbow! Lovely.

The next day was Father's Day. The girls gave Daddy a personalized song sheet book. And Daddy started playing with it! That afternoon, we were invited over for Dan's 4th Birthday party. We weren't too lucky with the weather though as it started pouring once we left the house. We didn't get soaked as we had the appropriate covers and all, but it wasn't pleasant. Dan and Bibou were just thrilled to see each other and spent the rest of the afternoon stuck to each other.

Oh if you remember, I had posted a blog last year sometime about our visiting hedgehog which disappeared before we got take a pix? Well, he was back again and unfortunately, he had fell and got himself stuck in the meter well. Daddy managed to take him out and he seemed unharmed though very scared. He wouldn't budge. Then I remembered that they like milk (I read on the internet last year) so I put some milk in a saucer and we left. Yes, he liked it and drank it all! and I got to see a hedgehog up close and take some pix.



No comments: