Thursday, September 20, 2007

Daddy and me at Parc Asterix

Well, it's countdown to my last few days of 'vacation'. It'll be back to work for me (and Daddy will also be looking for one very soon) on Monday. It's been a wonderful 6 months off! It's been rather varied; the first 6 weeks or so was more of a pain, with physical pain (... I was aching EVERYWHERE, so much so that I couldn't even lie down and have a good night sleep), oh and the itchiness (I was itching soooo badly everywhere... we never did find out why, probably 'coz it was the summer period, when i'm most allegeric and compounded by all the raging homones going on in my body) and also the tedious numerous doctor's appointment that I had. Towards the end, I was at the hospital every 48 hours so that the midwives could check on me. In the end, it was a good thing that I was being constantly monitored.... my body was ready to spit Angel out. I had such bad swellings and in the end, it was probably pre-eclampsia as I was literally swollen all over, had constant headaches, protein in my urine etc. As I was just 3 weeks shy of my due date, my doctor felt that it was better if we took Seraphine out. And I have to say that though I still was scared and upset when I heard the news.... I was relieved! The 10 days following Seraphine's birth was the worst, as you all know by now the horrible experience that little Angel went through when she fell sick. The month of June was getting to know Angel time! Thank goodness for the help from our fab confinement lady as she not only cooked and cleaned, she tended to Angel 24 / 7 and really helped me through the difficult first month. I was close to despair at the thought of perhaps I had to stop breastfeeding Angel as she just wasn't feeding well (feedings sometimes could take up to 1 1/2 hours and we always ended up giving her the bottle. But it all went well, (and now Angel's b/feeding like a champ!). Mah mah and kong kong were also a great help in June. July flew by quickly, though most days for me was spent catching up on sleep as I can't remember us doing much! It was more of feeding and sleeping really. It was also Bibou's last month at the creche and ta-ta Latifa. Bam, then it hit us... the month of August where we had Bibou with us 24/ 7. Man that was tough! Bibou was (still is!) at her terrible twos and threes stage, and probably compounded by the arrival of someone new who's stealing away Daddy and Mummy's attention. Don't get me wrong, she loves her baby sister and has no bad word nor action towards Angel, but she acts out in a different way I guess... by being whiney and moany and cry all the time. We had Mamita and Grumps over in August tohelp out and we did a number of activities, despite the horrible horrible weather! oh and we managed a fab short trip down south. THe last 2 -3 weeks has been a hectic rush for me... first we had Bibou's first days at her new school. So there's the getting use to few new things and routine, like getting up early in the morning, have breakfast and get out of the door, getting used to Giselle her new nanny (which she adores and listens to) oh and potty training! We also had to get Angel adapted to Giselle and being away from me... so we started with a couple of short days with Giselle and getting Angel on bottles (with my expressed breastmilk). This week, we started to do 'long days' and Angel has had no problem adjusting. So yesterday, Daddy and I decided to take the whole day to ourselves and take the opportuniy (since we probably won't have another chance to have time alone to ourselves, until we retire probably!!) to... go to Parc Asterix. It's this huge park, not unlike six flags, though they seem to have a bit more rides for children too. But compared to Disneyland, it has more rides catered to adults... like tumbling, upside down rollar costers. I've been dying to go to Parc Asterix and it was perfect. The rides were just so thrilling...there was this long, rickety wooden one that I think is Europe's longest ride. There was also this long and many upside down round and round one (that's a pix of it, with Daddy in front of it), one that resembled being in a bob sled. Those three were the most exciting one. As it was September, there were barely anyone in the parc, so no long queues for us. At most, we had to wait like 3 minutes for ride or something. I think that Daddy and I were the oldest couple without kids there! And boy did we feel it. Daddy kept feeling a little queasy and nauseous after each ride (I was fine, but that was probably 'coz I had the foresight to take some pimperan - anti vomitting pills lol! - our neighbour was laughing at me, but hey, whatever works!). But we still got on all the rides we wanted. I got knocked round a little too, with a bruise on my knee. We also got to meet some of the characters. All in all, we had a really lovely time, just Daddy and me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no - back to work!!

We took the boys to Parc Asterix a couple of years ago and really loved it!! Very fun place!