Thursday, May 04, 2006

Shoe Fetish and Animal lover!



This evening, I realized that my little munchkin has a little shoe fetish and she loves animals! I'm absoluately tickled to death about her love for animals. She's just like me.
Today was a really hot day. Mercury hit the 30s I'm sure. I was able to put her in a little cotton summery dress that mahmah bought for her. After dinner, of vegetable roti, apples and plain yogurt, we went out to the garden to play again. She's happily racing around the garden on her tricycle, though it's more hard work for us as she can't really reach the pedals yet, so we're pushing her! What really stops my heart sometimes is when she decides that it's more fun standing on the tricycle. She's like a tomboy sometimes. She has no concept of fear, and loves to climb up and down things. I think it's also 'fun' to see Mummy go 'Bibou, no, come down. That's dangerous.' I guess it is a control thing now... because Mummy / Daddy said no, I'm gonna do it. Where does one draw the line you know? We do try to give her as much 'choice' as possible. Do the positive praising thing instead of yelling all the time. She does sometimes listen, but not all the time. Will have to keep trying.
Anyway, so here I am sitting on the recently mowed lawn trying to take some more pix of her when she noticed that I was wearing 'shoes', while she was barefoot. She immediately went 'shoe', and proceeded to take them off and then hand them off to barefooted Daddy (and all the while, repeating 'shoe, shoe, shoe')... I guess she also realized that those 'shoes' were Daddy's sandals. After Daddy said, it's ok, Mummy can have them, she proceeded to put the sandals on my feet, and again repeating the word shoe. It was hilarious. She got tired after a while, which was great, 'coz my toes were about to cramp up, trying to point in the 'right' direction so that she can put the shoes on. Ever since she's learnt the word shoe, she's been fascinated by them. Lately, I noticed that she's also trying to put her shoes and socks on (hasn't suceeded yet) by herself. And she is very determined.

Next, she climbed into her little sandpit and played around nicely in it. She's great at scooping the sand and transfering them into the buckets that we bought her. What happened next was just amazing. I noticed that the neighorhood cat had come into our garden and pointed it out to her. She was so tickled by it...kept pointing to it, and then when the kitty cat was close enough, she actually reached her hand out. I was thinking, oh darn, she's gonna get rough with the cat and then she's gonna get stratched. But noooo, she was gentle, very gentle. And kept wanting to carress the cat. When the kitty cat moved across the garden, first she pointed at it and indicated that she wanted to pet it, and then got right out of her sand pit and followed the cat. The amazing part was she didn't do what some kids would have done, gone screaming and screeching towards the cat and scare it away. Gosh no, she just gently, quietly move up towards it, so as to not scare it away! I was stunned. When the kitty cat went up the stairs, she followed it. Daddy went inside to get it a little bit of milk and also some tuna out of the can. Bibou had a ball of a time then, she kept gently stroking it, and even went to kiss the kitty cat. She even stooped down to observe what the kitty cat was doing. She was a little bit disappointed that kitty had to leave. Then it was bath and beddy bye bye time... just like me! Good night.

1 comment:

Richard said...

awww!